Hydrosol is water, resulting from the steam distillation of essential oil extraction. It contains the water-soluble compounds of the plant. This is distilled from intact, whole roses and contains trace amounts of its essential oil.
Hydrosol can be utilized in many ways. You can use it on the skin, add it to your personal cosmetics, detox bath, shampoos, nebulizer, and you can use drops in your cup of herbal tea! I offer this hydrosol in a 4 oz dropper bottle for your D.I.Y. projects, or, in as a pure, undiluted facial spray. Rose hydrosol is said to stimulate the skin to increase the blood flow of the microvessels of the face and neck.
There are many rose selections and you may get overwhelmed. Here is a brief description of the different rose products that I offer. You can click on the product to be taken to it, elsewhere on this site.
- Rose Hydrosol – a pure water that is from steam distillation of intact, whole rose blossoms. Distillation is a method used to extract essential oils. The result of steaming plant material is the creation of essential oil and a pure essence water, both containing the plant compounds. My hydrosols contain trace amounts of the pure essential oil.
- Rose – a full-spectrum version. It contains Bulgarian Rose leaf and stem and also wildcrafted Wild Rose leaf, stem, rose, and root.
- Rose Hip / Blossom – the intact rose blossom only. It consists of Bulgarian and Wild Rose.
- Rose Otto Essential Oil – an intense, pure essential oil of the Bulgarian Rose blossom. They say it takes 10,000 roses to make a 5 ml. bottle of essential oil. It is precious, costly, and rare. A single drop will give an intense scent of rose!
- Rose Otto 3% Pre-Diluted Essential Oil – pre-diluted essential oil that is ready for use. Purchasing pre-diluted is cost effective and more affordable, as the pure rose otto is costly. It still maintains the powerful scent of rose.
- Egyptian Rose Geranium Essential Oil – essential oil distilled from the leaf of the geranium. The most common geranium is distilled from the flower, giving it a unique, well-known scent. This is from the leaf only, which has the scent of rose!